Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My heart's desire

As I sit and write this I have tears in my eyes and my heart is bursting with love.
My God loves me.
He truly cares about the little things I care about.
And I feel so loved.
I have been praying for over a year now that we could have the opportunity to move into a house that has a bedroom for my middle son. My middle child is a soft spoken, introverted, loving soul that is bookended by a brother and sister, that at times, can be as obnxious as all get out. He keeps to himself, is so kind hearted he brings me to tears all the time and loves his own space. But he has never had the luxury. Now that he is getting older, homework is a little harder to concentrate on at the kitchen table and it's getting down right frustrating to share a room with a person who doesn't respect your boundaries! So I started to pray. I have done this before when I have a desire that only God can fulfill or gently nudge me to let go of.
So I have been praying. This past fall Tom and I decided to go ahead and put our house on the market but the stress almost broke us and we decided that selling the house wasn't worth our family. But, still the desire was there but now when I approached God I knew I didn't have the strength to put it back on the market. So I kept praying. Well two weeks ago we get a call from a real estate agent representing a family that had seen our house in the Fall and wanted to know if we were still interested in selling! WOW! Once Tom and I got over the shock of the phone call and talked honestly about if we were, as a family and as a couple, in a place to embark on the adventure, we told them yes. So we got a call on Sunday that they wanted to come look at it, Tuesday morning we had an offer in writing, we counter offered that afternoon and as of 11:00am this morning we sold our house! God is awesome. My hearts desire has been answered one step at a time. The next step as been finding another place by April 27th, closing! We found a house this afternoon and await a response to our offer by 5:00pm tomorrow (Thursday) So I will keep you posted.......................

No comments: