Thursday, March 22, 2007

Don't Call Me Ma'am


I am 32 years old.
I don't feel old on a regular basis....yet!
I feel old a when certain things hits me like I have a 10 year old that is turning into a young lady right before my eyes! Or my 5 year old is such a big boy pouring his own milk and putting away his own laundry.
But on a regular basis I feel young and in my prime!
But one thing that makes me feel 90 is when those polite "young people" call me Maam!
I swear I want to turn around and deck them!
Do I look like a ma'am? (That was a retorical question!!)
I know people are only being polite, but maybe they could call me "Miss"
Have a good day, Miss
Do you need any help Miss?
I swear I have been called Ma'am 20 times in the last week!
So, thank you for all of you wonderful polite people....but listen
DON'T CALL ME MA'AM!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

The Suburban Nomad said...

You know you'll always be my old lady baby :-)

Lira said...

*giggles*

I get ma'amed at 26! I know the feeling! Strangely, it doesn't seem to matter if the ma'amer is younger than me or my age. And I've had a couple store clerks who are older than me address me thus as well.

I've decided to just accept the comment as a polite acknowledgment of my female presence. But it is still weird.