Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Soon back to school

I never ever thought I would be one of those moms who couldn't wait for the school bus to show up at the end of summer. I love my children and even gave my hand at homeschooling for awhile before we moved here to Boise. Our kids are on a year round school schedule so they have six weeks off during the summer opposed to the "traditional" 2 1/2 months. They will then get the month of Nov. off and the whole month of March off. I love my kids and have struggled this past few months with sending my baby of to kindergarten. Full day no doubt! With all the other transitions going on in our home I was really mourning the lose of this time of life. But when I had to discipline my kids for the 50th time before LUNCH today I knew there was part of me that will be a rejoicing to see that school bus coming on August 15th. Not only have they spent more time on their beds for time outs but they were actually fighting yesterday silently! We had put them all on separate chairs (but still in view of each other) and when I turned around they where grunting and pointing at each other like monkeys, I looked at my dear hubby and said "what do we do now?". Only 14 more days......

1 comment:

The Suburban Nomad said...

13 & counting :-)