Tuesday, March 07, 2006

What do you want to be when you grow up?

On Sunday my daughter turned nine. We took her to lunch as a family and had a great time. My husband started out the conversation by saying "What do you guys want to be when you grow up?" Now I don't know how many 9, 7 and 4 year olds have given this question much consideration but what came out of our kids mouths made us laugh. Our seven year old began to tell us that he would like to build things. He would like to build a little house, that would be quiet, with a space attached, where it would be quiet, and he could build things that would help the police catch bad guys. He would also build a church next door so that he could go and talk to God whenever he wanted to. Both my husband and I had a sense of pride and awe on our faces as he responded. It was our daughters turn next but she was having to much fun with her gifts and didn't want to answer the question. So that left our four year old to give his answer. When asked what he wanted to be when he grew up he answered "a techno genius". Now I have no idea what that is or where he heard the term from but he had us laughing pretty hard at his answer.

No comments: